cPanel Directory Privacy
Directory Privacy is a tool included in the cPanel, which enable you to protect files or directories by using username and password. For example, Visitors to password-protected directories must enter a username and password to view the directory’s contents.
How To Add Password Protection to a Directory
When you add password protection to a directory, you provide a name for the directory that will appear in users’ web browsers when they are prompted for a username and password. Then you create users and passwords to specify who can access the directory.
To add password protection to a directory, follow these steps:
- Firstly, Log in to cPanel.
- Click Directory Privacy, in the FILES section of the cPanel home screen.
- After that, click the name of the directory that you want to protect. Then click Edit.
- Under Security Settings, select the Password protect this directory check box.
- Type a name for the protected directory, in the Enter a name for the protected directory text box.
- Click .
- Under Create User, type a username in the Username text box.
- In the New Password text box, type the user’s password.
- Retype the user’s password, in the Confirm Password text box.
- Click . cPanel adds password protection to the directory.
Watch the tutorial below,
If you have further questions please feel free to contact our Technical Support.