What Is VPS?
VPS is an abbreviation name for virtual private server. Which is a virtual server appears to client as a dedicated server. But in reall it is a virtualized server installed as piece isolated resources of dedicated server. A single dedicated server may contain several VPSs. Each one has its own operating system (OS) that executes the hosting software for a certain client.
How Does a Virtual Private Server Work?
A VPS is basically a server running within a server. one physical server hosts multiple virtual servers. Each isolated from the others by hypervisor software (or other virtulaizor). Which segments the physical server and keeps each segment separate from the rest.
Each VPS runs its own operating system independent of the others. consequently it creates the illusion that it is actually its own independent server. In addition each VPS can also be rebooted independently.
The features of VPS
- It’s faster and more reliable than a shared hosting server.
- Better security than shared hosting. Because you are not sharing space with others, their mistakes, faulty scripts or resource usage won’t affect the up-time or accessibility of your Web site.
- You get superuser Root access to your server.
- You have better privacy, as VPS lock your files and databases from other server users.
- It’s an easy-to-scale service. As your website grows, you can easily upgrade your server resources (RAM, CPU, disk space, bandwidth, etc.).
Virtual Private Server is lower cost than a dedicated server.