Configure your POP3 ,IMAP email account on Outlook 2019
If you are using Microsoft Outlook for the first time, follow the steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2019, then Select Profile window appears. Confirm the profile with OK.
- The Welcome to Outlook 2019 window appears. Click Next.
- Enter the email address.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Select the option I want to set up my account manually.
- Click Connect. The Select Account Type window opens.
- If you want to check your email using IMAP (Recommended), select the IMAP account type. If you want to check your email using POP3, select the POP account type.
- In the Incoming Email section, in the Server field, enter the corresponding incoming mail server.
- Account type: “IMAP” or “POP3”.
- Incoming mail server: “imap.ionos.com” or “pop.ionos.com”.
- Outgoing mail server: “smtp.ionos.com”.
- If you are setting up an IMAP account, in the Incoming email area, in the Port (IMAP) field, select SSL from the Encryption method list and enter port 993.
- Or if you are setting up a POP3 account, in the Incoming email area, in the Port field, select TLS from the Encryption method list and enter port 995.
- In the Server field in the Outgoing Email section enter the outgoing mail server smtp.ionos.com and select TLS in the Encryption Method list.
- In the Outgoing email area, in the Port field, enter port 587.
- Click on Next.
- Enter the password.
Now your account is ready to send and receive emails. For additional information about Managing Emails, click here