In this article, we will show you how to Fix cPanel/WHM Quotas for Packages that always showing unlimited.
The Case of The Quotas From cPanel Packages
Suppose you already have created cPanel package. And after that, you attempt to add a new account from the packages. When you check the account resources In that case, WHM presents unlimited disk usage for the quotas. And not updating the Disk Used of the account. Usually the reason behind this unexpected result can be checked by Configuring Backup Directory. To quickly fix this issue, you need to change the Default Backup Directory path to a different drive. To do so, follow the following steps:
- Firstly, log in to cPanle/WHM control panel.
- Go to Home >Backup >Backup Configuration.
- From Configure Backup Directory change the location of Default, to different drive. And enable Mount Backup Drive as Needed.
- After that, Save the changes.
How To Fix CPanel/WHM Quotas For Existing Account Resources And Usages Statistics In WHM cPanel
You can fix it by logging into your server with SSH and execute the following command:
Then the result will be like:
Quotas have been enabled and updated. Reading package yourpackage Resetting quota for exampleaccount to 5120 M Resetting quota for testaccount to 51200 M
After that, to check the updated resources.
Go to Home >Account Information >List Accounts and you will be able to see the Quota and Disk Used fields with updated values.
Ensure quotas report on the system
Run the following command to confirm that you successfully enabled quotas on the server:
The command prints all of the file systems that exist in the /etc/mtab file with read and write privileges, in addition to quota options are enabled.
If you still experience another problems, perform the following action:
- Disable the Cache disk quota information setting in the System section of WHM’s Tweak Settings interface (WHM >> Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings).
- Set the disable quota cache parameter to 0 in the /var/cpanel/cpanel.config file.