In this article we will learn you how to install WHM cPanel on your AlmaLinux.
Requirements for WHM cPanel in Almalinux 8 Installation:
- A valid static IP address and hostname.
- 1.1 GHz CPU- 64-bit.
- Minimum: 1 GB and Recommended: 2 GB.
- Free space on the 20 GB hard drive, however, we recommended 40 GB.
Note Once you install cPanel on your server you cannot uninstall it. If you want yo remove it you have to reinstall AlmaLinux.
Steps to install WHM cPanel on AlmaLinux 8:
Note Use a root username or a username that has root privileges to install cPanel on AlmaLinux.Otherwise, you may need to put sudo before each command that you run. For example, “sudo yum update“.
- First you have to update your system’s existing packages to the latest version. Run the following commands:
yum update yum upgrade
- Now install Perl and curl which we will use to download the cPanel installation script.
yum install perl curl
- To download WHM cPanel installation script run this command:
cd /home && curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest
- Run cPanel installation script using this command:
- If you get a hostname error then you can set your hostname by using this command:
- Now to login to your WHM go to a browser and enter your address: https://Server_IP: 2087. Replace Server_IP with your IP-address.
- Then you have to enter your root user and password to access WHM cPanel.
- Accept Terms and conditions.
- After that to apply for Cpanel & WHM Trail license click on the Login button and create an account with WHM service.
- Enter your email address and the name server.
Finally, the WHM is installed on AlamLinux 8, now create a cPanel account on it to start hosing a website.
For Additional Information See Our WHM/cPanel Section.