In this article we will learn you how to install WHM cPanel on your AlmaLinux.
Requirements for WHM cPanel in Almalinux 8 Installation:
- A valid static IP address and hostname.
- 1.1 GHz CPU- 64-bit.
- Minimum: 1 GB and Recommended: 2 GB.
- Free space on the 20 GB hard drive, however, we recommended 40 GB.
Steps to install WHM cPanel on AlmaLinux 8:
- First you have to update your system’s existing packages to the latest version. Run the following commands:
yum update yum upgrade
- Now install Perl and curl which we will use to download the cPanel installation script.
yum install perl curl
- To download WHM cPanel installation script run this command:
cd /home && curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest
- Run cPanel installation script using this command:
- If you get a hostname error then you can set your hostname by using this command:
- Now to login to your WHM go to a browser and enter your address: https://Server_IP: 2087. Replace Server_IP with your IP-address.
- Then you have to enter your root user and password to access WHM cPanel.
- Accept Terms and conditions.
- After that to apply for Cpanel & WHM Trail license click on the Login button and create an account with WHM service.
- Enter your email address and the name server.
Finally, the WHM is installed on AlamLinux 8, now create a cPanel account on it to start hosing a website.
For Additional Information See Our WHM/cPanel Section.