Before the installation you have to download the stable version of AlmaLinux. To do that , go to “Download ISOs” section of AlmaLinux’s official site .
AlmaLinux Installation steps:
- Firstly, from the boot screen, boot your system with the boot device. Then continue the installation by selecting Install AlmaLinux.
- Select the system language and continue your installation.
- After that the setup page should appear. Configuring the 4 crucial settings which are:
- Partitioning – Installation destination.
- Network and hostname.
- User Settings.
- Software Selection.
- Configure partitioning, click on the ‘Installation Destination’ section. Just click on the hard drive and ensure that there’s a white check mark on the hard drive icon.
- Set the root password, keyboard layout, time-date and disk partitioning. Also setup the date and time From disk partitioning settings. Choose the disk that will be used and Press on Done button.
- After that choose packages that are going to be installed from the Software Selection section.
- When you successfully complete the above steps. You can start your installation, just click the Begin Installation button.
- After you finish the installation , you should download a basic network packages. Run these command to install the packages:
yum install vim bind-utils net-tools wget rsync netctl openssh-server dnsutils atop
- In case you face a problem while installing atop. use wget command to copmlete your action.
- The following command is used to show all the installed packages
yum group list
- After the download is completed, the desktop can be activated with the following command.